What is Google Tag Manager (GTM)?
- Free tool by Google that allows easy management and deployment of marketing tags, snippets of code or tracking pixels on the website
- All this without having to modify website source code, or template files
- Usually a one time website source code editing required to add the GTM code to the website, more if you were to implement Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce via GTM
- Eliminating the need to contact developers each time to make tracking updates or adding 3rd party marketing platform pixels/tags.
- Easy integration with 3rd party platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Easier to link Google products together, Google Search Console, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Optimize
- When all 3rd party marketing tags are set in GTM, they are run through Google servers, therefore benefits in site loading speeds because they are loading off-site
- Simple cross domain tracking
- Organisation and track records